NYS PAUSE Executive Order Update – COVID – 19
Open with Restrictions – beginning July 12th
At FBC-O, we are doing everything we can to be compliant with all regulations and ensure your safety as we re-gather.
We will be adhering to the guidelines set forth by the Department of Health, CDC, Church Mutual Insurance Company and the American Baptist Churches New York State office.
**We request that if you have health issues or other concerns related to gathering at this time, please remain at home. We will continue to provide Service on-line following the live Service for those who are not able to join us in the Sanctuary. The online service will be available by Sunday evening at 7pm in most cases. Please allow time for editing and upload of the service recording. Thank you for your understanding.
For the safety of all participants and to follow the requirements issued by “Reopening New York”, below is a list of guidelines we will be following to enable us to worship safely:
- A gloved and masked greeter will meet you at the door (will open door for you if not already open)
- The greeter will log your name and take your temperature. If temperature exceeds 100.4 degrees F (the Health Department-mandated limit), you will be asked to return home.
- A table with masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, tissues, Bulletins and collection plate will be inside each door. Please place your tithes and offerings in the offering plate on the table. We will not be passing the plates during Service. The greeter will hand you a Bulletin. Please sanitize your hands.
- Face Coverings are required while you are in the church building at all times unless seated. (if you forget yours, we will provide one; please do not give it back to us, take it with you)
- Hand sanitizer stations are located in the back of the sanctuary, by the restrooms and by the back door
- Reminder – We must social distance: As we enter the church, no hugging or hand shaking
- In the Sanctuary; Not all pews can be used. The pews not available for seating have the cushions turned up. Pews available for seating are marked with a strip of yellow duct tape on the floor. For the first day back – July 12th – you may seat yourself only at either end of a marked pew. This will ensure proper spacing between attendees. Once you choose a pew position, that will remain your “assigned seat” until seating restrictions are rescinded.
- Coffee, snacks and gathering in our fellowship hall will not be available after service.
- After service, please dismiss yourselves in an orderly fashion, maintain 6 feet distancing and congregate outside if you wish.
Please note that during this period:
Pastor Bill will maintain his regular weekly on-site office hours and continue to be available via personal phone when out-of-office.
Marilyn will continue to work in the Church Office to the extent possible.
The Financial Team will ensure FBC-O financial obligations are addressed in a timely manner.
Due to the circumstances at hand, If you would like to mail your tithes and offerings into the church office, write your check out to First Baptist Church of Owego and mail to:
First Baptist Church of Owego
228 Main Street
Owego, NY 13827
please rest assured that we will be here to check the mail daily and process accordingly.
Prayer Concerns, We need God’s direction during this time of transition. Contact us if you have a prayer concern or would like to speak with the Pastor
- Our Country
- Our President
- Our Leaders
- Our Families
- Our Pastor
- Those in Nursing homes and Shut-ins
- Cure for Cancer
- Cure for the Corona Virus and the many mutations that have not yet been discovered
- Salvation and hope for the lost
- Deliverance from addictions
- All the victims and families of COVID-19
- Praise for all of the COVID-19 survivors
- Those on the front lines: Doctors, Nurses, EMT’s etc.
- Those who are “Essential workers”
- Praise – KIND project many donations, many blessings
The following groups are now meeting while following social distancing guidelines and wearing face masks
Bible Study & Prayer – Tuesday evenings @ 6:00pm in the SPOT
Needle & Thread Missions Group [sleeping bags for the homeless] – Wednesdays @ 10:00am in the SPOT
Scout Troop 60 – Wednesday @7:00pm to 8:30pm Fellowship Hall
The K.I.N.D. Project
The KIND Project will continue with its mission during this COVID-19 period as there is an even greater need now for the products provided. Thank you for your continued prayers for KIND, the families it serves and thank you for blessing us with the many contributions that we have already received during this time of uncertainty. God is good!
Joint Exec Council/BoM (JEC/BoM) – continues to meet online via ZOOM
Allied Christians of Tioga – ACT Dinner
On March 19th, the ACT Dinner transitioned from a sit-down event to a take-out/take-away operation. This approach continues here at FBC-O. Dinners will be brought from the FBC-O Kitchen by “runners” to the Church rear porch. The runners will be outfitted with protective accessories (mask, gloves).
The ACT Dinner will be served starting at 5:00pm from the FBC-O kitchen until such time the Methodist Church resumes its operation.
Similar to the KIND Project, COVID-19 or no COVID-19, people continue to have needs, and in this case, folks need to eat. It is great to have ACT at FBC-O as our Church was one of the original creators of this program!
The following groups are cancelled and will not meet until further notice
Golden Agers Group
Monthly Men’s Luncheon
Circles of Concern